All manuscripts submitted to The journal of Pakistan Orthopaedic Association (JPOA) should be written in a sequence, i.e., title page, abstract and key words, text, acknowledgment (contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship), Disclosure(if any), references, tables (each on separate page) and legends. Page number should start from the title page.
- The manuscript should be written in New Times Roman 12 fonts, typed in double space with clear margins on either side. No bold fonts, capital letters, color or underline sentences are allowed.
- The Journal of Pakistan Orthopaedic Association (JPOA) does not issue acceptance letter for the manuscript only manuscript is acknowledged once received.
- Once authorship certificate is submitted no further changes in the author’s list is allowed.
- All authors are directed to submit letter of Undertaking signed by all authors and approval letter from Ethical Review Board(ERB) or Institutional Review Board(IRB) of the hospital and questionnaire/research proforma along with manuscript otherwise manuscript will not be processed.
- The editor has the right to do necessary changes in the manuscript during the final editing of the manuscript.
- All correspondence should be done at email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- RCT must have Trial number from DRAP or abroad
The title page should include title of the manuscript which must be concise and informative. Write category of the manuscript (original article, case report etc). Mention all authors full name, affiliations, contact numbers and emails. Write Corresponding author’s name, present address, email and cell number. All authors must have substantial contribution to the study. Write total word count of the manuscript (excluding tables and references).Numbering of the pages should start from title page.
An abstract of 250 words, structured (for original article) with subheading of Objective, Methods(mentioning place, duration and design of the study),Results, Conclusion and Key words( 3 to 5) from Mesh is required. For case report/Review article an unstructured abstract of 150 words is required.
Two or three paragraphs with not more than 10 refences. Appropriate rationale for conducting the study must be written in the last paragraph. Data and conclusions from other studies must not be included.
Details of data collection procedure, sample size calculation, inclusion, exclusion, brief procedure/intervention, statistical software for analysis and appropriate tests must be mentioned. Ethical issues if any must be mentioned here.
Results should be presented clearly and in accordance with study objective.
Results mentioned in text should not be represented in tables or graphs or vice versa.
Important findings of results should be interpreted/ analyzed. It should be written in separate paragraphs and each important variable of the study must be discussed in a single paragraph. Strength and weakness of the study and recommendations if any must be written in the last paragraph of discussion.
Conclusion should be relevant to the aim and objective of the study.
References should be written in Vancouver style (preferably from last five years) cited in numerical order. Recent Pakistani References must be included.
All authors are requested to strictly follow authorship criteria. According to ICMJE Authorship Criteria (International Committee Of Medical Journal Editors) the author is one who 1) have made substantial contributions to conception and design, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data; 2) have been involved in drafting the manuscript or revising it critically for important intellectual content; and 3) have given final approval of the version to be published. Each author should have participated sufficiently in the work to take public responsibility for appropriate portions of the content.
Acquisition of funding, collection of data, or general supervision of the research group, alone, does not justify authorship.
Those personals whose contributions do not justify authorship may be acknowledged individually or together as a group under a single heading (e.g. "Clinical Investigators" or "Participating Investigators"), and their contributions should be specified (e.g., "served as scientific advisors," "critically reviewed the study proposal," "collected data," "provided and cared for study patients", "participated in writing or technical editing of the manuscript").